Stretch Marks & Scar Camouflage Tattooing
Repigmentation or as commercially known as “Brazilian Stretch mark Camouflage” is a system very much similar to tattooing, which through the use of special ink mixing formulas and careful application, will re-pigment your stretch marks, scars, vitiligo and hyper-pigmentation exactly the same colour of the surrounding skin. Blending the affected area permanently and seamlessly to the rest of your body’s skin colour.
What Skin Conditions Can Be Tattooed?
- Stretch marks
What Are Stretch Marks?
Stretch marks are essentially a type of scar that develops when our skin stretches or shrinks too quickly. These abrupt changes in the skin will result in the collagen and elastin in our skin rupturing, and it’s actually in healing that the stretch marks appear. At first appearance, stretch marks are often red, pink, purple, reddish-brown or even dark brown, depending on your particular skin tone. These can be raised and even a bit itchy at first; however, over time, the colour will fade, and the band sinks beneath the skin, forming a slight depression.
What Is Scar or Stretch Mark Camouflage Tattooing?
This is a revolutionary scar treatment whereby a unique formulation of tattoo ink is matched to your skin pigmentation. Through a specialised tattooing technique, the ink is perfectly blended with your natural skin tone, thereby reducing the appearance of scars or stretch marks anywhere on the body. While the scar or stretch mark will not necessarily disappear, the flesh tone pigmentation will adequately disguise the area. This is an effective form of permanent cosmetics – Medical Tattooing – and the process is known by a number of terminologies, including Brazilian Stretch Mark or Scar Tattooing, Corrective Pigment Camouflage (CPC), Corrective Camouflage, Skin Re-Pigmentation, Scar Camouflage, Skin Camouflage, Camouflage Tattooing, and Skin Camouflage Tattooing.
Benefits of Scar and Stretch Mark Camouflage Tattooing
For those that are suitable candidates for the Brazilian Stretch Mark and Scar Camouflage Tattooing procedure, there are many benefits to this medical tattooing process:
- This is a cost-effective scar treatment when compared with surgical treatments.
- Used with medical needling, I am able to adjust both the texture and colour for more effective camouflage. This technique will also stimulate the body’s wound-healing response.
- This is a completely safe treatment, provided it’s performed by a certified technician.
- This is a quick treatment option, with some clients only requiring one session before seeing results.
- As with permanent tattooing, the results last for years – this is a permanent procedure.
- You will require anything between 1-4 sessions to get the desired result, you will see a change in the colour of the scar or stretch mark after each session and a decision to continue each tattoo session can be made after the healing period. Each person and case is unique.