Permanent Makeup for Eyebrows
Eyebrows can completely transform your face. It was trendy not so long ago to completely tweeze the eyebrows leaving many clients without eyebrow hair. If you may suffer from alopecia – I can help! Microblading and/or eyebrow tattooing is a great way to give the appearance of fuller eyebrows with a natural result, using a technique to mimic the look of hairstrokes (nano brows) or powder effect brows (ombre brows). This is also called micropigmentation. I always carry out a thorough consultation first, working with you to draw on the shape of eyebrow you would like and selecting the best colour. You will typically need 2 sessions; however, if you suffer from alopecia or must undergo ongoing chemotherapy treatments, then more sessions will be required in my one of my locations nearest to you.
What is a Temporary Eyebrow Tattoo?
Temporary eyebrow tattoos differ in the following way to old traditional permanent eyebrow tattoos:
1.They last approximately 1-3 years
2. They are not as dark and thick
3. The application involves building a natural set of eyebrow hairs with tattoo.
4. Different micropigmentation ink is used
5. A different tool is used to apply the ink into the skin
Another term for Temporary Eyebrow Tattoo is called Microblading. The artist uses a specialized hand tool to meticulously etch, one by one, individual eyebrow hairstrokes gently into the skin. Even after 3 years there is likely to still be some residual ink, even if it is faint. Microbladed eyebrows are created with a different type of ink compared to body art tattooing which is meant to last forever.
You can have absolutely no brows, ultra-faint blonde brows, have lost your brows due to alopecia, or just need a little help filling your arches in. Whatever your situation, the procedure will create an appearance of naturally full eyebrows.
Furthermore, the colour will be blended to match your eyebrow hair colour perfectly. Or you may elect to go darker.
If this sounds like something you would like to try, please get in touch with me and I can book you in for a free consultation.
General Pre Advice
- Waxing and threading treatments should be performed no less than 1 week prior to your procedure.
- IPL laser hair removal should be performed no less than 2 weeks prior to your procedure.
- Electrolysis treatments should be performed no less than 2 weeks prior to your procedure.
- Eyebrow tinting should be performed no less than 2 weeks prior to your procedure.
- Eyebrow hair stimulating products should not be used for 4 weeks prior to your procedure.
- Muscle relaxant treatments/injections in the brow region should be performed no less than 2 weeks pre procedure.
Frequently Asked Questions
Also referred to as micropigmentation, microblading is an eyebrow enhancing technique that will improve the definition and thickness of your eyebrows. I use a handheld, medical-grade microblading tool with small needles at the tip that will deposit specialised microblading ink into the epidermis. Using the microblade, I create very fine, natural-looking hair strokes.
This uses the same pigmentation as microblading, however a cosmetic digital tattooing machine is used with a lower frequency than for permanent tattoos. This eyebrow treatment is better-suited to those with oily, mature or sensitive skin.
Microblading is suited to anyone looking to enhance eyebrow definition, or enjoy the appearance of fuller eyebrows with a natural technique. Whether you have ultra-faint blonde eyebrows, have lost your eyebrows through overplucking or alopecia, or simply need to fill in your arches, microblading is the perfect cosmetic treatment.
The actual microblading procedure takes about 30 minutes, although we will need time for a consultation session, with time also spent on measuring and drawing symmetrical eyebrows. You will typically need about two sessions, however, if you suffer from alopecia or require chemotherapy treatments, then more sessions will be required in one of the locations nearest to you.
For all treatments, I will carry out a thorough consultation first, working with you to draw on the shape of eyebrow you would like and selecting the best colour. I go over your medical history to ensure there is no risk, and will discuss your personal preferences so we can decide which of the two treatment options is best suited to you. I always provide my clients with a thorough list of pre-advice in the consultation, but it’s good to have an idea of what to expect ahead of time.
Likewise, I will provide you with all necessary information relating to your aftercare treatment, but to give you an idea ahead of time, here’s what to expect.
- You must keep the area dry for at least 24-hours.
- There will be redness, tenderness and swelling immediately after the procedure but this will subside in one to four days.
- The colour of the treatment will be much darker than anticipated, but this reduces to the desired look in the next few weeks.
- I’ll provide you with ointment to apply after the procedure.
- The skin will possibly flake and itch after about five days but you mustn’t pick at this or it will impact the colour.
- Avoid sweat-induced activities for a week after the procedure.
- Avoid using cosmetics in the treated area until the skin has healed fully.
- Avoid sun and UV exposure for a week after the procedure.
- A touch-up session will be booked for six weeks after the initial procedure to get the desired colour.